Prince Kid, the former organizer of the Miss Rwanda beauty pageant, was convicted in Rwandan courts of rape and soliciting or engaging in sexual acts in exchange for favors related to contestants in the competition he ran.
In October 2023, the High Court sentenced him to five years in prison. Neither he nor his legal team appeared for the ruling, while the prosecution was present. It was later established that Prince Kid had fled justice.
The United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) arrested Prince Kid in Fort Worth, Texas on March 3, 2025.
Authorities said he had been living in Fort Worth unlawfully for some time. This immigration-related offense is the basis of the case he currently faces in the U.S.
Speaking on Monday during the launch of the judiciary’s anti-corruption week, Prosecutor General Habyarimana said Rwanda is working closely with U.S. judicial authorities to ensure that Prince Kid answers for his crimes.
“The case concerning Ishimwe Dieudonné, known as Prince Kid, has been concluded with a final conviction, meaning there are no further avenues of appeal. It has now been established that he is in the United States, where he is also facing other charges under that country’s jurisdiction.
“As is standard practice when a person has been definitively convicted and their location is known, the required procedures were undertaken, including the preparation of an arrest warrant submitted to the competent authorities in that country. Cooperation is ongoing, and we are following the matter in accordance with the law,” she said.
She added that Prince Kid could be extradited to Rwanda after responding to the charges he faces in the United States.
“We informed them of the judgment against him, detailed the charges, provided his full identification, and formally requested that he be returned to Rwanda. When a person is facing proceedings in another country, extradition can sometimes take time. We submitted the relevant documents and case files in October 2024, but he must first answer to the proceedings where he is currently located. In due course, we expect to receive him as requested.”
The charges against Prince Kid stem from alleged sexual abuse of contestants who participated in the Miss Rwanda pageant, which he organized for years through his company, Rwanda Inspiration Backup.


Leave a Reply